As a functional leader working closely with the General Manager, the Merchandise Manager is focused on developing plans to reach the brand’s financial objectives – including cultivating relationships with vendors and offering an extensive and compelling product assortment. The Merchandise Manager will stay current on product trends and vendor strategies to seize opportunities and manage risk; guide and coordinate projects to create and preserve accurate product content; travel to trade shows to help identify and recruit new vendors; and maintain existing vendor relationships.
As part of a rapidly growing company, the Merchandise Manager will be charged with contributing to and championing significant process change to keep the brand on pace to meet financial and operational goals.
Responsibilities / What you will do
Vendor Recruiting and Management
- Participate in the recruiting and negotiation process for vendors. Lead the on-boarding of new vendors.
- Develop and monitor plans to grow revenue and improve vendor performance — inclusive of marketing and inventory management recommendations.
- Deliver on the brand’s quarterly and annual priorities.
- Coordinate and inform other functions of vendor and product assortment updates.
Product Assortment and Management
- Develop assortment plans and make product selections.
- Drive the creation of accurate and helpful product content.
- Provide advice and share expertise with the Product Content and Merchandising Team.
Customer Experience and Site Content
- Collaborate on merchandising, marketing and site presentation decisions to offer an engaging site experience.
- Gain knowledge of customer.
- Make recommendations and support for homepage/feature content and promotional/marketing
- Participate in projects to improve our content management and merchandising processes and
Reporting Relationship: Report directly to brand General Manager
- 5-10 years of buying and/or merchandising experience in a relevant market category
- Bath furnishings/fixtures experience and passion
- Ability to shift focus from tactical operations to long-term strategic planning
- Experience planning, assigning and prioritizing time-sensitive projects
- Committed to meeting or exceeding customer needs and expectations
- Assumes accountability for delivering team goals and milestones
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Online retail experience a plus
- Analytical and intellectually curious
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Location: Walnut Creek, California
Travel: Up to 10%
Compensation: Base salary commensurate with experience + bonus + 401K + health benefits
View PDF >>