The company has an exciting opening for a Web Designer to join our marketing team and play a leading role in shaping our visual identity. The primary mission of the Web Designer is to advance the Y brands’ reputation for exceptional design through creative work on web sites, banner ads, email campaigns and other digital components of the YLiving.com and YLighting.com customer experience. This is an outstanding opportunity for a designer interested in a growing, thriving e-commerce company. YDesign Group has an entrepreneurial start-up culture coupled with established success.
- Conceptualize new templates and site designs.
- Design, test and produce digital assets including website pages, emails and banner ads on a weekly+ publishing schedule.
- Partner with copywriters to conceive, develop and execute compelling creative to engage customers and prospects, ensuring text and images harmonize.
- Design and optimize email and page templates for recurring use.
- Review and proof creative to ensure accurate rendering across various operating systems and browsers.
- Proactively offer suggestions and strategies to drive engagement and revenue through web design and presentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in web design or graphic design (or equivalent online experience).
- 6+ years experience designing websites, emails, and banner ads in a corporate or agency environment.
- A strong digital portfolio displaying outstanding examples of visual identity systems, layout design, imagery and typography usage and results achieved on past sites. Also samples of creative concepting.
- Application experience in: Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and a multitude of email clients and browsers. Also experience with CMS systems.
- Solid understanding of web design best practices pertaining to e-commerce, including defining site objectives, understanding target-audience goals and driving conversions and sales.
- Solid, practical understanding of interactive design, typography and color theory.
- Extensive experience translating designs into CSS and HTML for emails, banners, landing pages, web pages
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment, incorporating feedback from brand GMs and Marketing
- Pro-active self-starter and independent thinker with ability to be creative, flexible, and detail- oriented under daily deadlines with multiple projects.
- Skilled at working within a modern aesthetic.
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Deep interest in interior design.
- Online retail experience strongly preferred.
Compensation: Competitive salary + 401K + health benefits + long-term disability
View PDF >>